Position Title: Buyer
Location: Hickory NC
Pay Rate : $22.20
8 month contract
**BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED*
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Scope of Position:
Assists with the overall tactical procurement activities required for procuring products and services from requisition through delivery and invoice processing. Primary duties include processing purchase orders of indirect materials, capital equipment, and services, supporting supplier management activities (Nondisclosure and Certificate Insurance forms) and other assigned duties in support for the business.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Global Buying Policies
• Enforces the Global Buying policies to ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance
• Ensure the requester provide appropriate documentation for requests
• Ensure the requester understand the tax coding for each purchase
Purchase Requisition System
• Responsible for managing requisitions in SAP, and SharePoint in support assigned COC business unit.
• Converts the requisition into a PO after ensuring all data and coding is accurate for the purchase according to the accounting and tax rules.
• Manage domestic and global internal sample orders.
RTP (Requisition To Payment)
• Manages the process front end to avoid payment delays
• Resolve payment terms and invoices and PO matching problems with the vendors and shared services
• Work with shared services to clear all blocked or delayed invoices to avoid late payment or credit hold by managing the MRBR.
• Enforce finance p-card buying policy.
• Assist with logistics/transportation requirements according to Corning transportation routing guideline for domestic and global products.
1. Strong analytical abilities with attention to detail.
2. Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, throughout all levels of the organization and externally.
4. Solid organizational and time management skills.
5. General computer skills, including spreadsheet and SharePoint.
6. SAP procurement experience.
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please reply to the following questions:
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?