Contract Duration: 3 Months -Extension
As part of a key development team you will be responsible for the design and development and test of simple-to-complex electrical enclosures and systems for instrumentation systems used in the radiation measurement product line.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer technical specification and manage mechanical project scope ensuring compliance
- Support qualification type testing including: plan/procedure writing, test supervision, vendor interface, and report writing.
- Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Find and work to remove development and project roadblocks. Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into production.
- Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Expert in the use of Solidworks and PDM Vault,
- Hands-on experience in technology (e.g., electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, electronic enclosure, 19” rack mount, cabinet design, design for manufacturing, etc.), including:
- Electronic enclosures
- Systems analysis and design
- Design for seismic survivability
- Electronics modeling and assembly
- Qualification testing for EMI / RFI, environmental and seismic events
- Analog to digital conversion with digital display and logic
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
Preferred Qualifications/ Requirements
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics (especially analog electronics) and manufacturing drawings