Contract Duration: 1 Year
Mechanical Technician III
Location: Wilmington, NC
Candidates must live within 2 states of North Carolina to be considered. Include the CITY/STATE/ZIP CODE on the resume for each candidate. Resumes without this information may be rejected automatically without being reviewed.
• Re-design components to develop cost reduction plans for the improvement of installations.
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Develop and oversee mechanical and electrical installation checklists and schedules.
• Prepare work orders and direct maintenance personnel and outside contract trades in the fabrication, assembly, testing, and installation of equipment.
• Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
• Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs and trades to replace defective components and execute changes in design solve equipment/process issues.
• Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
• Create, review, and maintain updated installation documentation and drawings as required.
• Complete documentation packages to meet customer requirements.
• Interface with various departments to ensure efficient use and operation of equipment.
• Take personal responsibility for all aspects of supervising and training equipment installation crews including direction and shift supervision during installation activities.
• Mechanical Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
Equipment or software experience preferred:
AutoCAD® 2017, Inventor 2017, Windows7, MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word), PC based systems, Pneumatic systems and schematics, Motion Control systems, Automated equipment systems, Personal Protective Equipment
• Strong practical hands-on mechanical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment.)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting, proficient with pneumatic and electrical schematics
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of mechanical drive trains, electrical and pneumatic actuators.
• Travel is a possibility - Future projects may be in other NC locations.
• Ability to work well with varied job requirements.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Presentation skills highly desirable.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner.
• Results oriented.