Contract Duration: 6 Months + Extension
Vertex is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Tier 2 Desktop Support Specialist. This Tier 2 Desk Side Support Specialist will be responsible for providing Tier II IT, network, and desktop support to federal and contract employees. Tier 2 Desktop Support Specialist support shall be in person and over the phone via a ticketing system. We are seeking a candidate who can operate in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This Tier 2 Desk Side Support Specialist position will allow the right candidate the opportunity to establish best practices for service engagement in a technical environment. We are looking for a resource who can work well both independently and in teams to solve challenging IT support issues. If you are a great troubleshooter who can see above the fray and identify improvement opportunities with a knack for impressing the client, you will find a great new home with Vertex in this Tier 2 Desktop Support Specialist position.
• Candidate must:
• Be able to establish a good rapport with their team and clients
• Have an enthusiastic attitude
• Active Public Trust Security Clearance
• US citizenship required. (Contract Requirement)
• Minimum of 2-3 years of enterprise experience in commercial or government environment
• Familiar with all standard MS Office software systems and MS Project
• The candidate must understand the basics of IT Security (must understand basics of ports, handshakes, vulnerabilities, etc.)
• Possesses knowledge of workstation administration and management including imaging
• Possesses basic network support experience to include account administration in Active Directory environment
• The candidate should have should have strong IT knowledge and great customer service skills.
• Basic network support experience to include account administration in Active Directory (AD) environment.
• Able to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and peers
• Microsoft Certified Solution Associate or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Preferred).
The following skills and abilities are required:
• Strong ethics
• Obtain and maintain security clearance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including a working proficiency in English.
• Read, interpret and communicate technical documents.
• Operate and make decisions according to standard policies, procedures and within security parameters.
• Discern priorities; in intra and inter-personal relations.
• Self-motivated, high energy and resourceful with the ability to take ownership of a project or task and be accountable.
• Must pass a criminal background check.
• Must pass a credit check.
• Must be able to hold a Secret Clearance.
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.