Contract Duration: 11 Months
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Overtime not expected but candidates should be open to working if required.
The occupancy planner will become part of a team that is responsible for the planning and coordination of design, furnishings, and moves for multiple simultaneous commercial interior design projects for Corning Incorporated. This position will help coordinate individual and project moves for personnel in the Corning Valley, at varying stages of planning and implementation.
The ideal candidate for this position has exemplary planning and time management skills and can organize data and manage calendars, keeping scheduling operations running smoothly and efficiently. Candidate will also perform space audits on off hours.
The occupancy planner will collaborate with Corning’s senior corporate interior designer and space planners, and team members in the workplace services group.
Ability to work with IWMS software for moves management. Use of AutoCad for development of floor plans for space planning. Ability to Conceptualize, Design, Assess, Evaluate, Communicate, Collaborate, Provide Customer Focused solutions, Delegate when necessary, Provide Situational Awareness/Project Confidentiality, and personal Quality Management.
• Monitor, log and enter moves into software on a monthly basis to expedite billing for rent
• Conduct intermittent site visits to monitor progress and implementation of design through to completion
• Respond to all requests for information promptly
• Implement and track timing on work requests
• EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Business, or Relevant Disciplines
• EXPERIENCE: preferred 3 years working with corporate executives; recent College Graduates will be considered.
• SKILLS: Advanced knowledge of Auto-CAD for furniture planning & configuration is a plus, but not required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel Outlook and Power Point
• Proficient in AutoCad and IWMS software (Manhattan) is a plus, but not required
• Adaptability to shifting priorities; able to work under time deadlines
• Comfortable to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Clear judgment and problem-solving abilities