Contract Duration: Full time position
As a Hardware Technical Program Manager , you will lead multidisciplinary programs through the new product development process (NPI) to develop the next generation of custom hardware connectors to drive our industry-leading consumer products. You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders. We look for program managers who are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Work closely with the customers' hardware product designer, engineering team, tracking the definition of next generation hardware requirements.
- Communicate with Chinese manufacturing facility to address any schedule, technical, and manufacturing issues.
- Create development, delivery, and qualification schedules based on system requirements, technical challenges, lead-times and business needs.
- Manage communication within and between internal engineering and external customers teams.
- Assist engineering and sourcing teams with supplier evaluation and selection.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate program statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage delivery of samples and mass production parts for the different builds.
- Organize required face-to-face onsite meetings with customers.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables, including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BS/MS in Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience working as a technology development program manager in consumer electronics.
- 2+ years experience working on hardware projects.
- Knowledge of phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Experience with component and cable qualification, validation, and characterization processes.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
- PMI certification is preferred
- fluent written and written English is a must
- Chinese speaking is required.