Contract Duration: 1 Year
Typical Work Hours:
The typical work schedule for this position will be Monday – Friday, day shift, 7am to 3:30pm (unpaid lunch). Overtime or other schedule adjustments from the above may be necessary based on workload and business conditions, and are made at the discretion of the Planning Supervisor.
1. Purpose of the Position:
To support the Planning group through effective, efficient, and accurate internal and external customer order management from entry through shipment to ensure on-time delivery and compliance with all applicable corporate, government, and plant requirements.
2. Key Responsibilities:
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with manufacturing departments including HPFS and ULE Layout, HPFS and Mirrors Finishing, and Final Inspection, to support order tracking and scheduling as well as expediting and prioritizing. This includes tracking of parts and samples through Canton manufacturing processes using FlexRoute, Order Monitor, AdHoc Query, and other applicable systems.
• Ownership of Canton’s Open Orders Report and subsequent weekly meetings as well as monthly on-time delivery KPI Metrics.
• Lead liaison between Canton and Sullivan Park facilities regarding sample processing for HPFS Product lines.
• Coordinate and track outsourcing requests and purchase orders with Procurement and Manufacturing.
• Effectively manage, alongside Quality, Product Engineering, and Commercial Departments, any quality issues regarding HPFS glass including coordination of waivers, RMAs, and other factors affecting on-time delivery.
• Work with the Planning coordinators to establish accurate and efficient glass inventory levels to support customer orders and forecasts.
• Assist with tracking and reporting departmental measures including required iDMAICs, projects and documentation.
• Maintain safety, housekeeping, and operating standards in the department.
• Provide support and cross-training for other Planning Group department tasks.
3. Key Understandings:
• The Planning Coordinator will report to the Planning Supervisor.
• The Planning Coordinator may be required to work overtime as designated by the supervisor.
• The person selected for the position will be trained (on the job training) on key aspects of the job they may not be familiar with.
• The person selected for the position may be required to attend training to enhance skills required for success in the job.
• The person selected for the position must have an understanding of glass processing, part specifications, and Canton Quality measures.
• High school diploma or equivalent; 2 year degree preferred.
• Self-motivated with the ability and desire to work with others.
• Strong communications skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly. Must show initiative and ownership for personal training needs and willingness to come up-to-speed quickly.
• Demonstrated ability to schedule, plan, prioritize, and expedite.
• Must be able to multi-task and work well with all manufacturing areas in the plant.
• Ability to use a PC for the preparation of documents, reports, and general communications.
• Ability to write, audit and update SOP’s, and to train others.
• Demonstrated positive performance in the following areas: Quality, Initiative, Assertiveness, Flexibility, Reliability, Teamwork.
• Experience in glass finishing with some knowledge of metrology is a plus.
• The Planning Coordinator must have moderate level software skills using Microsoft Office programs (MSExcel and Outlook primarily, some AdHoc querying, some MSWord).
Manager Must Haves:
- Database skills is a must have - query skills
- Strong Microsoft Office
- Go getter, needs to interface with a variety of team members
Manager Must Haves: - Database skills is a must have - query skills - Strong Microsoft Office - Go getter, needs to interface with a variety of team members