Contract Duration: 6 Months
Provide basic PC troubleshooting services to the general user community. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Hardware break/fix (including PCs, laptops, workstations, printers and other peripheral devices
• Installation/removal of hardware (disk drives, adapter cards, printers, memory, etc.)
• Installation/removal of software (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
• New PC/laptop/workstation setup (disk imaging) and installation
• PC/laptop/workstation removal and disk-image backup
• Basic application support
• Responsible for maintaining reasonable and acceptable attendance
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with L-3 Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
• Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Associate’s Degree in related field; or High school diploma and equivalent computer support training &/or experience;
• Two years broad-range of experience in supporting PC hardware, peripherals such as printers and scanners, and common software applications.
• Knowledge of basic networking concepts and technologies (e.g. DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Microsoft networking concepts, etc.) is desired.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Works in a normal office environment, but must have physical ability to crawl under desks to install equipment, lift and carry up to 50lbs, and climb ladders to route wiring.