ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform product quality audits to assure compliance with customer, drawing, internal, and regulatory requirements
• Perform system audits in support of the Quality/Environmental Management System
• Coordinate close out of audit findings through, creating audits finding reports and determining proper corrective and preventive actions with the lead of the area being audited
• Coordinate needed actions to support continued ISO/AS9100 certification, preferred supplier status, and AS 9001 certifications (required for Government Quality Engineers)
• Provides liaison activities with customers and suppliers on all quality-related activities
• Review, identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
• Perform review of bid and proposal quality clauses and provide compliance matrix
• Perform review of customer quality clauses, quality documents and provide compliance matrix
• Support Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
• Review trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing rejects, supplier history, etc and provide recommendations for improvement
• Perform design review activities including inspectability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
• Interfaces with all departments at all levels
• Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers
• MRB/ECN Board representation and duties
• Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc
• Employs mistake-proofing techniques
• Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data
• Identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
• Perform FAA Designee authorized functions
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L-3 Ethics Standards
• Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Masters' preferred.
• 5 or more years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in Aerospace parts manufacturing as well as planning experience in an electronics manufacturing environment with some experience related to custom products.
• Knowledgeable of concepts, practices, policies/procedures, internal engineering, manufacturing and project management functions.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills. Ability to develop relationships with all levels of personnel.
• Familiarity with AS9100, D0-178, D0-254 and aviation regulations (required for Government Quality Engineers)
• Working knowledge of quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, SQC, DOE, ANOVA, etc.)
• Proficient with quality systems software and business desktop software programs
• Experience in quality analysis techniques (statistical analysis, problem solving, process mapping, SPC, Root Cause and CAPA process)
• Interact effectively with management, peers, and other employees relative to quality and technical issues.
• The individual must have demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum oversight and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as with Minitab.
Works in a normal office environment requiring part time in on-site labs for test equipment use.