Duration: 1 year contract
Electrical Drafting/CAD Technician II (AMT - Concord)
Location: Concord, NC
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD® 2017 Electrical, Autodesk Inventor)• Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required. • Incorporate redlined drawings into standard packages and follow-up with drafting services as required to resolve design issues. • Re-design mechanical components to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs. • Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Support engineers and technicians as needed for Electricians and Mechanics during installation activities. • Provide support to technicians to create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment. • Complete documentation packages in AutoCAD® 2017 Electrical.
• Ensure updated documentation exists in assigned areas.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (able to reverse-engineer design from existing piece of equipment).
• Proficient with electrical and controls schematics. • Thorough understanding of controls components.
• Travel is highly probable for future projects – potential travel to other NC locations.
• Electrical or Controls Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
Equipment or software experience preferred: Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD® 2017 Electrical 2017, Windows7, MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) PLC and PC based systems, Automated equipment systems
• Ability to work well with varied job requirements.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Presentation skills highly desirable.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner.
• Results oriented.