Contract Duration: 6 Months
Job Title- Senior IT Project Manager
Duration- 6 months contract on W2
Location- San Francisco, CA
Job Description: The Senior IT Project Manager leads a team that designs and installs new IT technical architecture and infrastructure systems, or enhancements to existing systems. Project Managers are responsible for assembling the project team and using cost and scheduling tools to define the scope, budget, and resource needs, and controlling other project variables. PMs may also function as a liaison between IT and the Business Client, and act as the go-to person to represents the entire project from the planning through the deployment and release to operations stage. Roles and responsibilities: Responsible for the concurrent management of one or more medium to large complexity IT infrastructure projects. These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Consistently demonstrating advanced knowledge and technical competence in the technologies that Company is implementing
- Responsible for leading one or more complex projects typically between $1,000,000 - $10,000,000
- Gathering, defining and documenting project requirements
- Clearly defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team • Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
- Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
- Providing direction and leadership to project management analysts and schedulers
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Conducting project kick-off meetings
- Communicating individual project roles and expectations
- Recording, tracking and communicating issues, risks, changes, and status reports within a company standard tool
- Accurately and consistently forecasting project resource, material and contract costs within standard company tools
- Driving all project related tasks to completion
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date detailed project schedules and work plans
- Monitoring critical project milestones, and identifying ways to resolve schedule issues
- Coordinating any required contract work within defined Company policy
- Conducting site visits and walk downs as needed
- Assessing project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives
- Communicating status of all projects to stakeholders and management
- Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients • Resolving problems of project specific scope within procedural guidelines
- Preparing all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy Specific projects that the individual will be working on:
- drive to one drive migration (this is the larger of the projects) – data currently stored on client devices and in print servers on company’s territory. Work on migration project to move data to cloud
- SharePoint – enabling SharePoint online and prepping this for future migration. This service is really more Microsoft services that company already has.
Required industry experience: Minimum:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience managing one or more medium to high complexity IT product / infrastructure projects
- Experience with IT professional service agreements and materials logistics.
- Must be well-versed in Agile Project Management.
Currently, this dept does not possess a lot of this experience and this skillset is much needed to manage projects and educate the team. Individual must be well-versed in communication and change management in order to help lead change. Individual must also possess basic understanding and background in client/cloud technology
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent
- Other certifications from accredited Project Management programs (e.g. Stanford Advanced Project Management Certificate Program, etc.) or equivalent
- Experience with Primavera, PPMC, SAP and Microsoft Visio a plus. Accreditation in SCRUM desired
Required technical experience: Minimum:
- Expert understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- Fully competent in applying project management principles and methodologies
- Previous experience managing projects that delivers Information Technology infrastructure including computing, telecommunications, networking, data center, security, voice, and data communications.
- Resource planning, scheduling and tracking skills
- Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills
- Cost management and tracking expertise
- Team player
- Organized and analytical.
- Experienced in problem-solving
Required functional experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel and Word Required education and certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI
The Norland Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified. Norland does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Norland maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.