Position Title: Assembly Technician
Location: Mason OH
Pay Rate : DOE
6 month contract
**BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED*
This position is an Assembly Technician for the Test Engineering group. The selected Individual will assemble, document and verify Test cables, Circuit Card Assemblies, Test boxes and Test Stations as required. This individual will also troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on deployed test equipment throughout the building.
o Ability to work with engineers to complete tasks on prototypes that aren’t well documented.
o Complete Assigned Tasks within Allotted schedules and budgets.
o Provide weekly Status on all assigned Tasks.
o Provide Timely inputs for new project estimations. (As requested)
o Review and Redline Drawings as requested.
o Write and Submit ECN’s as required.
o Support all areas of Test Engineering as required. (Assembly, Support, Design and Special Projects)
o Assemble, Document and Verify Test Equipment, Test Cables and Circuit Card Assemblies.
o Alpha and Beta Test Software as required.
o Read and Interpret Schematics, Drawings, Technical data sheets and Test plans.
o Build Proto-type/breadboard Electronic circuit boards.
o Assist in generating reports, spreadsheets, parts Lists, schematics and block diagrams.
Using hand and Power tools for Drilling, cutting, filing and Assembly.
• 5 years experience directly related in: Electronics Assembly and Repair
• Experience in building cables is a must.
• Must poses good soldering skills
• Prior Experience in engineering and manufacturing environment.
• Experience in Aerospace Industry is Plus, but not required.
• Experience with Labview or National Instruments Test Stand is a Strong Plus.
• Experience with Orcad Schematic entry is a strong plus.
• Experience with PCB-123, Dx Designer, or PADS, Software is a strong plus.
• Experience with metal fabrication is a must, i.e. drilling holes, panel assembly .
• Experience with Autocad/solidworks is a strong plus.
• Read and Interpret Schematics, Drawings, Technical data sheets and Test plans.
• Build Proto-type/breadboard Electronic circuit boards.
• Assist in generating reports, spreadsheets, parts Lists, schematics and block diagrams.
• Using hand and Power tools for Drilling, cutting, filing and Assembly.
High school graduate with 5 years experience,
Military Technical School Equivalent.
General Skills/Competencies/Specialized Knowledge
These are examples:
• This position requires daily use of multiple software applications such as Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Project. Therefore the individual must possess proficient PC skills.
• Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Able to work within tight deadlines and multi-task various projects in an organized manner required.
• The ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, is essential.
• Qualified candidates must have knowledge of MRP and scheduling principles and practices as well as working familiarity with engineering, manufacturing, and production processes.
• Familiarity with DOD contracts and requirements is desirable. Other desired qualifications: knowledge of engineering processes, principles, and practices; knowledge of risk management concepts and risk analysis related to master schedules.
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please reply to the following questions:
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?
The Norland Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified. Norland does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Norland maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.