Contract Duration: 6 month contract
Duration: 6 month contract
• The buyer has the responsibility to know the acceptable purchasing methods and know the purchasing policies and procedures.
• Coordinates with other departments to procure items deemed a necessity based on material requirements planning (MRP), requisitions, or as approved by the operations manager.
• Becomes familiar with all modules needed in Costpoint.
• Creates purchase order from requisitions.
• Shop and place orders to make certain the most economical goods and services are obtained, that the transactions meet the requirements of law and are conducted honestly.
• Purchase goods and service within the authority of limitations as assigned by the Operations Manager.
• Data entry and filing paperwork.
• Confers with vendors in order to obtain production or service information such as pricing, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Works with vendors to take corrective actions on defective or unacceptable goods received.
• Verifies and processes receipts and invoices for payment.
• Conducts follow-up of orders or services purchased.
• Coordinate for orders to be expedited as requested by the Operations Manager.
• Analyze industry prices and price trends and compare with actual supplier prices. Report finding and recommendations.
• Assist the Operations Manager in evaluating suppliers’ performance.
• Perform other duties as required by the Operations Manager.
Essential skills and experience:
• Ability to write reports, document polices and procedure, and effectively present information to managers, clients, customers, and other staff.
• Ability to with mathematical concepts such as rations, percentages, fractions, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization occurs. (Think outside the box.)
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration is preferred.
• Five (5) years of experience buying (purchasing) in lieu of a degree will be considered.
• Computer skills to include the entire Microsoft Suite.
• Be able to multi-task.
================== Post_AllJobs =====
The Norland Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified. Norland does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Norland maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.