Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Job Title- Power/Electrical Engineer III
Location- Anaheim, CA
Pay Rate- $55 - $65
Duration: 1 year contract
Power / Electrical Engineer III shall be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications. The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision. The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
1. Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
2. Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
3. Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
4. Perform hardware bring-up and integration and support power conversion systems hardware / software integration.
5. Provide complete documentation, product verification and part’s list.
6. Write product and test specifications.
7. Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
8. Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
9. Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
10. Power / Electrical Engineer III will take directions from Project Engineer or Power Engineering Department Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
2. Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
3. Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
4. Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
5. Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
================== Post_AllJobs =====
The Norland Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified. Norland does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Norland maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.