Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Duration: 1 year contract
Non-Exempt - Staffing - Multi-Disciplined Technician I
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Overtime not expected, but candidates need to be open to working overtime if required.
The purpose of this position is:
Produces materials and enzymes that support the manufacture of multiple products in Woburn. Works with animal and human tissue. Manufactures enzyme based products.
The position includes duties, such as:
• Prepares buffers, solutions, and medias for production.
• Prepares and tests a variety of tissue fractions (human and animal).
• Performs Protein Assay and P450 spectral analysis.
• Performs cell culture operations infecting cells with recombinant virus for protein production, harvesting, and preparation according to SOP’s.
• Assists in the isolation, culture, and cryopreservation of human and animal primary cells.
Good working conditions. Works in a biosafety level 1 & 2 (BL1/BL2) laboratory environment involving exposure to human, animal tissue, and cells. Wears proper PPE when required. Occasionally lifts and/or moves lab equipment of 25 to 60 pounds.
Biosafety level 2 requires Hepatitis Vaccine – paid for by Corning.
PPE Requirements – Gloves, Lab coat & Safety Glasses
Education Required: Associates in Biology, Chemistry, any Life Sciences.
Will consider candidates still in school pursuing a degree in these fields and has lab experience.
1) Experience: 1 + years in Life Sciences, Laboratory, Cell Culture a plus; working knowledge of laboratory equipment and processes (centrifuges, spectrophotometer, microscope, etc.).
2) Knowledge and advanced working experience of computers and MS Office products.
The Norland Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified. Norland does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Norland maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.