Contract Duration: 1 Year
***Applicants must be able to operate scissor and/or fork lift. Current certifications are preferred, but not required. Corning is willing to assist with getting forklift and scissor lift certification.***
This position is a long term need and is potentially contract to hire for the right candidate. All candidates should be comfortable with contract only as there is no guarantee of conversion to direct hire.
Work Schedule – 7 AM to 7 PM ( 3 days on 4 days off 4 days on 3 days off) for training for approximately 35- 40 weeks and then most likely move to night shift (7 PM to 7AM).
***Candidates must be willing to work night shift for this position.***
Must be flexible to work overtime if required.
Must be willing to work in the weekends and holidays if required.
Responsible for preventative maintenance troubleshooting, repair, design, fabrication, installation, and start-up of equipment throughout the plant. Includes machines in all departments as well as automation, electronic controls, and all support equipment. See below for specific details.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose for the Maintenance Technician position at the Winston Cable Plant is to minimize machine downtime, increase efficiency, and reduce cost through planned maintenance and prompt response to unplanned maintenance requests on the production equipment used to produce fiber optic cables.
Experience & Education:
Any of the following qualifies
• Two-year associate from an accredited college or a technical degree from a community college
• At least four-years of experience in maintenance at an industrial manufacturing environment with high school diploma or GED
• Military background with maintenance and technical experience
• Perform root cause analysis of breakdowns and implement corrective actions
• Prepare written maintenance instructions, records, and procedures
• Maintain accurate and timely records in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), TabWare
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance tasks
• Perform tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor/Coordinator
• Strong and systematic analytical and troubleshooting skills
• In depth understanding of electrical and mechanical principles
• Thorough working knowledge of electrical, mechanical systems
• Experience with LOTO and electrical safety
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
• Experience in the use of hand tools, precision measuring equipment, and machine shop equipment
• Good communication skills
• Accuracy, attention to details, and strong organizational skills
• Ability to react positively to rapidly changing priorities
• Capable of independently managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Demonstrated initiative and an eagerness to drive continuous improvement
Manager Must Haves:
1. This position requires both electrical and technical hands on experience - worker must be able to recognize and evaluate problems with ability to handle minor repairs and escalate others to correct department with expertise in the repairs.
2. Must have good communication skills to work with operators, peers, engineers and management.
3. Must have ability to follow-through on tasks to completion.
The Norland Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified. Norland does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Norland maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.