The Warehouse Worker 1 will be familiar with all functions within the Warehouse. These include, but are not limited to, the receiving of material, the put away of material into inventory, the pulling of production jobs, POU replenishment, the packaging and shipment of material, and the required paper work involved in each of the transactions. The position also requires the ability to reconcile material discrepancies and interact with its peers in determining the solution to the discrepancy. The Warehouse Worker 1 may be required to operate or drive various material handling equipment.
1. Inventory Accuracy.
2. Person will be responsible for counting parts 100% by hand or with the use of electronic scales.
3. Responsible to notify the Supervisor of any errors in the inventory and initiate corrective actions per area procedures.
4. Responsible for supporting the inventory requirements within the manufacturing area.
5. Receives and verifies incoming material from vendors.
6. Process all paperwork in a routine manner per area procedures.
7. Stocks materials in the proper location up to 35 pounds by hand and over 35 pounds using Material Handling equipment (Including, but not limited to, Reach Trucks, Forklifts and Order Pickers).
8. Picks parts as required to fill Manufacturing Work Orders or stock POU locations.
9. Assists in the various areas of cycle counting. This will include the running of tags, counting of Inventory, Restitution of count Discrepancies.
10. Performs other duties as assigned and directed by the Group Lead or Supervisor.
11. Utilizes Material Handling Equipment (Including, but not limited to, Reach Trucks, Forklifts and Order Pickers) to perform responsibilities.
12. Keeps the Inventory in accordance with the Good Housekeeping standards.
13. Keeps the equipment clean and in good working order.
14. Performs Shipping and Receiving Activities.
15. Packages finished goods for shipment.
16. Accesses and updates information from the business’s Warehouse Management System.
17. From time to time, the incumbent’s supervisor/manager may assign additional unlisted duties/responsibilities on a temporary or regular basis depending on business needs.
18. Incumbent is responsible for understanding the Quality Management System. Incumbent needs to integrate their knowledge of the quality policy and business objectives into their work practices to augment the business such as: participating in internal audits, identifying areas which need improvement, implementing plans to correct and prevent problems.
19. A key responsibility of this position is to ensure that their area of responsibility is in compliance with the FDA, ISO and IVDD standards.
PHYSICAL CONTEXT/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position is primarily Very Heavy Work, frequent lifting/carrying of objects of 35lbs. or more
• High School Diploma or its equivalent or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Some Warehouse or Inventory Control experience preferred.
• Experience in operating various material handling equipment (Including, but not limited to, Reach Trucks, Forklifts and Order Pickers)
• Material Handling Equipment License.
• Knowledge of ISO and OSHA Requirements preferred, but not required.
• Good organizational skills.
• Energetic, self-starter, and works independently.
• Must have ability to lift, move, and organize material in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.